- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Afghanistan Travel Articles
- What to Eat (and When) Around the World
- The savvy eater knows that what's good for the belly is also good for the planet, so he or she gobbles what's local and what's in season whenever possible. Jessica Allen gives a brief guide about what to eat---and when---around the world.
- Destination Unknown
The only problem with the New Year's vacation John M. Edwards would be taking was that his destination was smack dab in the middle of a war zone!
- Kabul, Afghanistan 2007: Part II – Asia
- Brendan Choi hopes to return to Afghanistan having spent too brief a time there. He offers tips, shares his experiences and gives us a picture of its people and the politics, as of 2007.
- Kabul, Afghanistan 2007: Part I – Asia
- Tired of hearing about Afghanistan and the War on Terror from CNN and other opinion makers, Brendan Choi took a brief holiday and headed right into Kabul to see what it was all about.
- Travels in Afghanistan: Detox With a Difference – Asia
- Caroline Hamilton's drive into the wild, desolate and remote region of central Afghanistan, over horrendous roads, was worth every second, if only to see the Minaret of Djam and the Domes of Cjhi
- Travels in Afghanistan: Part II, A Detox with a Difference – Asia
- In Caroline Hamilton's second part Afghanistan journey, she continues her description of Afghan life in various towns, road travels and in its spectacular scenery.
- Travels in Afghanistan: Part I, A Detox with a Difference – Asia
- Caroline Hamilton's interest in Afghanistan started with her cousin's tales of his travels there. The opportunity came, she took it. We get this Part I account of her stay in a land she feels
- The Triplegem Afghan Expedition: Herat Part 3 – Afghanistan
- Stephen Shucart spends a lazy day in Herat, fumbling with bad Internet connections and other not-so-perfect luck.
- The Triplegem Afghan Expedition: Herat Part 2 – Afghanistan
- Stephen Shucart spends a day in Herat trying to get to the Minaret of Jam... Will he succeed?
- The Triplegem Afghan Expedition: Herat Part 1 – Afghanistan
- Stephen Shucart spends his first day in Herat and shares the mantra that could save your life!