- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Africa Travel Articles
- Chasing the Pharaohs – Egypt, Africa
- Derek William Bland had only stepped out the door of the airport, when he saw Egypt as already chaotically adventurous and frustratingly fantastic - the start of his great crusade across the Middle East.
- Dollars and Sense – Around the World
- Marina Kuperman shares some why-I-can't-do-an-rtw scenarios we've heard, as well as several profiles of travelers who do just what they dream. She even suggests some ways you can make money on the road.
- Climbing Kilimanjaro: Reaching the Rooftop of Africa, Part 3
- Sasha Tenworth writes: It was
absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt worth it. In fact, we are planning our next trip - to Aconcagua in South America
(another of the coveted Seven Summits).
- Climbing Kilimanjaro: Reaching the Rooftop of Africa, Part 2
- In Part 2, Sasha Tenworth continues her account of climbing Mt. Kili. Reaching the summit, "we felt, something along the lines of
relief, awe, disbelief and exhilaration".
- Climbing Kilimanjaro: Reaching the Rooftop of Africa, Part 1
- Sasha Tenworth describes her climb to Mt. Kili in three parts. In Part 1, she gives us some background, and her first three days of her "most amazing and awe inspiring experience of my whole life".
- A Unique Friendship – Botswana, South Africa, Africa
- Volunteering in Botswana, Julie Urquhart realizes that with generosity, dancing, and a dash of salt, the cultural barriers are not so great after all.
- Summit of Ighil M’goun – Morocco, Africa
The surrounding mountains are Charlie Shepherd's reason for coming to this isolated spot, to climb Ighil M’goun, which, at 4,068 metres, is the second highest peak in Morocco, representing a mo
- Travel Tunisian Style: Louage All the Way
- Travel story about getting around Tunisia using louages, or local taxis.
- Day 9: Kampala, Uganda – Big Brother’s African Brother
- Big Brother's African Brother: Day 9 - The group are in disarray due to the news
about the gorilla permits.
- Day 1: Nairobi, Kenya – Big Brother’s African Brother
- Big Brother's African Brother: This trip was three years in the making before
September 11th set things back another six months. The good news is the extra ...