Beyond the Backyard Travel Articles
- Beyond the Backyard #9: And this is how it ends – South America
- Her trip over all too quickly, Elysse, returns to Toronto with enough candy to feed her entire neighbourhood for the next three years, a parting gift from her boyfriend.
- Beyond the Backyard #8: The Last Stop(s) – Santa Fe and Rosario, Argentina
- Elysse traveled to Puerto Iguazu, a wee town in the north of Argentina whose claim to fame is the massive collection of waterfalls that makes Niagara Falls look like a leaking faucet.
- Beyond the Backyard #6: A Little Something to Remember Us By… – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- A gift from a hostel has Elysse scratching her head and she continues her travels to Uruguay where the locals are very friendly, perhaps too friendly.
- Beyond the Backyard #7: It’s wabbit, no, whale-watching season!! – Argentina
- Continued problems with Aerolineas Argentinas and bad weather can't take away from the awesome time Elysse had whale-watching. She also found a Taj Mahal replica made out of tin.
- Beyond the Backyard #5: Everything Your Monther Told You Not to Do – Mendoza and Santiago, Chile
- On her birthday, Elysse did exactly what every parent warns their child about: talking to strangers, taking rides from strangers, taking food from strangers...
- Beyond the Backyard #4: On the Road – Argentina
- Elysse finds Argentinian airline security to be a bit of an oxymoron and learns that deserts get pretty damn cold in winter.
- Beyond the Backyard #1: Why and How South America?
- Elysse takes us on a quick newbies tour of preparing for a 2 month trip to three-and-a-half South American countries.
- Beyond the Backyard #2: Mi Querido Buenos Aires – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Elysse arrived in Buenos Aires, exhausted but ecstatic. Now all she has to do is figure out her way around and how to avoid becoming pedestrian roadkill.