- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Central Asia Travel Articles
- Hitchhiking Tips for Central Asia
- Fancy some real Central Asian adventure to feel like an explorer on the Silk Road? In this case, please read on, as Marco Ferrarese - who has recently completed an overland hitch hiking trip from Singapore to Europe - has a set of tips ready to help you find a ride across the region. Learn how to tackle greedy Uzbek drivers, score lifts across the Tajik mountains, dodge the Turkmen foreign travelers' restrictions, and end up with multiple invitations to visit your hosts’ families for the ultimate Central Asian adventure.
- Indie Travel in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan for $50 a day
- Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan may not be on your top places to visit, but if you are an intrepid and adventurous traveler you just may want to consider adding them!
- Destination Unknown
The only problem with the New Year's vacation John M. Edwards would be taking was that his destination was smack dab in the middle of a war zone!
- Kabul, Afghanistan 2007: Part II – Asia
- Brendan Choi hopes to return to Afghanistan having spent too brief a time there. He offers tips, shares his experiences and gives us a picture of its people and the politics, as of 2007.
- Kabul, Afghanistan 2007: Part I – Asia
- Tired of hearing about Afghanistan and the War on Terror from CNN and other opinion makers, Brendan Choi took a brief holiday and headed right into Kabul to see what it was all about.
- Travels in Afghanistan: Part II, A Detox with a Difference – Asia
- In Caroline Hamilton's second part Afghanistan journey, she continues her description of Afghan life in various towns, road travels and in its spectacular scenery.
- Travels in Afghanistan: Part I, A Detox with a Difference – Asia
- Caroline Hamilton's interest in Afghanistan started with her cousin's tales of his travels there. The opportunity came, she took it. We get this Part I account of her stay in a land she feels
- Fire and Ice: A Halloween Story – Bishkek, Kyrgystan
- Barukh Shalev finds fights every where he turns on Halloween in Kyrgystan.
- Tulkabas or bust! – Almaty to Tulkabas, Southern Kazakhstan
- Tim Healing and his friends depart on a 12-hour train ride across Kazakhstan.
- In Kazakhstan, the Gypsy Cab is King – Kazakhstan, Central Asia
- Tim Healing addresses the four most popular questions foreigners are asked in Kazakhstan.