Central Asia Travel Stories Travel Articles
- Fire and Ice: A Halloween Story – Bishkek, Kyrgystan
- Barukh Shalev finds fights every where he turns on Halloween in Kyrgystan.
- Tulkabas or bust! – Almaty to Tulkabas, Southern Kazakhstan
- Tim Healing and his friends depart on a 12-hour train ride across Kazakhstan.
- In Kazakhstan, the Gypsy Cab is King – Kazakhstan, Central Asia
- Tim Healing addresses the four most popular questions foreigners are asked in Kazakhstan.
- Santa’s Camels Are on the Loose – Kazakhstan
- In Kazakhstan, Santa shows up on a camel. Now, if Donna Scaramastra Gorman can only convince her son to sit on the lap of a bearded stranger.
- Slowly Across the Steppe – Kazakhstan
- You could save time by flying or money by taking a bus, to get around, or out of Kazakhstan, but where is the adventure and romance in that?
- The Altai Mountains? Where the h#** is that? – Ust-Kamenogorsk, East Kazakhstan
- At 3 a.m. at an airport in Kazakhstan, a 16-year-old girl and her chocolate chip cookies break the ice.
- Hot Sweat and Tears – Life in a Central Asian Banya – Kazakhstan
- Hot, naked and sweating, Tim Healing decides that banyas are an excellent asset to Central Asia.
- Aksu Jabagly and the Hidden Valley – Aksu Jabagly National Park, Kazakhstan
- Despite being 'deposited'
- Sergei: A Lost Spirit – Kyrgyzstan
- After living through the Russian equivalent of the
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #56: Turkmenistan: Admiring The Beloved Great Leader\’s Book in the City of Love, I – Turkmenistan
- Much as Wee-Cheng likes the country and the friendly people, he can do without the personality cult politics and the ubiquitous national oath.