- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Eastern Africa Travel Articles
- Climbing Kilimanjaro: Reaching the Rooftop of Africa, Part 3
- Sasha Tenworth writes: It was
absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt worth it. In fact, we are planning our next trip - to Aconcagua in South America
(another of the coveted Seven Summits).
- Climbing Kilimanjaro: Reaching the Rooftop of Africa, Part 2
- In Part 2, Sasha Tenworth continues her account of climbing Mt. Kili. Reaching the summit, "we felt, something along the lines of
relief, awe, disbelief and exhilaration".
- Climbing Kilimanjaro: Reaching the Rooftop of Africa, Part 1
- Sasha Tenworth describes her climb to Mt. Kili in three parts. In Part 1, she gives us some background, and her first three days of her "most amazing and awe inspiring experience of my whole life".
- I Just Killed a Chicken – Malawi, Africa
- Dan Kobayashi, a city boy, goes to Malawi and rediscovers the family history of chicken farming.
- Magnificent Vista and Wildlife – Kenya, Africa
- Renowned for its wildlife and extraordinary landscape, John Moran experiences both views into this unique continent; one sight more close up than he would have chosen.
- A Quick One – Malawi, Africa
- While on a visa run to Malawi, Caroline Cowan finds that Malawians offer service with a smile, even when they are taking you to court.
- Burundi to Kigoma – Tanzania, Africa
- David Erazo's travels south from Burundi had a feel of peace and sincerity. He knew he would like Tanzania right from the start.
- The Kenyan Campaign Trail – Africa
Kesse Buchanan follows a revolutionary campaign of a female parliamentary aspirant, and finds that politcs in Africa are crazier than she could ever imagine, but the experience gave her a ride of a
- Why I Should Keep Quiet About the Mahale and Katavi National Parks of Western Tanzania – Africa
- Lenny Teytelman, overwhelmed by his experiences in Katavi and Mahale, finally discloses why western Tanzania should be your prime destination in East Africa.
- Mountain Gorilla Adventure – Uganda, Africa
- More than a year later, Mr. Steve still smiles when he recalls his mountain gorilla adventure.