- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
eileen smith Travel Articles
- Six Surefire Ways to Get Sick While Traveling
- Staying healthy on the road can sometimes be a challenge. If you don't care at all and want to know the best ways of getting sick quickly, follow Eileen Smith's advice.
- Visa and Reciprocity Fees in South America
- Entry fees for Americans going to South American countries range from zero to shockingly high. Expat and visa expert Eileen Smith explains the situation and offers tips on avoiding many of the charges.
- 8 MacGyverable Items You Already Have in Your Backpack
- If you are in some kind jam on the road, or maybe you are just bored, or you want to create a new art project, you can follow Eileen Smith's ideas on how to make and do things with items you are already carrying.
- Overnight Bus Tips From an Expert
- Considering taking an overnight bus trip to save time and money while traveling? You'd better read these tips from Eileen Smith before you commit to it.
- Wine Tasting in South America: Where to Go and What to Try
- Most people know Argentina and Chile as South American wine destinations, but there are so many more great spots to plan a wine vacation in the region. Eileen Smith explains where to look and what to taste throughout the continent.
- 15 Incredible Desserts You Should Try on the Road
- Many people go out of their way to try local foods while traveling. Eileen Smith jumps right to dessert, with 15 items you should try when you can.
- Where the Wild Things Glow: Where to View Bioluminescent Organisms
- Pulsing waves of light and tiny creepy crawlies and mushrooms that cast an eerie glow. Eileen Smith tells you where to see nature's best bioluminescent shows.
- 6 Ephemeral Art Forms You Won’t Want to Miss
- Temporary art seems to be gaining in popularity in spite of the obvious drawbacks. Eileen Smith lists places and events where you can check out some of the finest examples anywhere.
- 15 Latin American Fruits to Surprise your Palate
- Fans of exotic fruit have an abundance of choices when visiting most of Latin America. Eileen Smith lives there and here she shares some of the most interesting specimens.
- 11 Famous Volcanoes in the Americas That You Can Climb
- Have you ever wanted to see what the inside of a volcano looks like? You have more options than you probably realized, and here are 11 interesting volcanoes you can climb, just in the Americas.