George Dunn Travel Articles
- Swagman #26 – The End of the Line – Queenstown, New Zealand
- George Dunn contemplates his time away from home.
- Swagman #17 – Magnetic Island: The Battle for Cabin 27 – Magnetic Island, Australia
- Magnetic Island is like visiting a small community that lies within a zoo, as George found when he came up against some territorial possums.
- Swagman #15 – The Sugar Drive to Cairns – Cairns, Queensland, Australia
- George found that there is really very little to do in Cairns but rest, drink, and risk your life on any of the latest adventure crazes sweeping through.
- Swagman #2 – Expect Nothing, Accept Everything – Nadi, Fiji
- George Dunn lost a day of his life on the way to Fiji, but the price was worth paying after just a few days in Nadi.
- Swagman #1 – Leaving Home – New York City, New York
- George Dunn's smooth departure was in direct contrast to his younger brother's.
- Swagman #4 – RSA and Me
- As George quickly discovered, serving beer in NSW is not just a case of turning up at the pub and asking for a job.
- Swagman #3 – American Alien – Sydney, Australia
- George's first days in Sydney are no holiday. He gets lost, almost killed crossing the street, and he has to share a bed with his brother.
- Swagman #5 – The Apartment, The Job – Sydney, Australia
- The apartment has become a revolving door of tenants, and George found a job in one of the roughest pubs in Sydney.
- Swagman #6 – Saturday Night’s All Right For Fighting – Sydney, Australia
- For anyone thinking of travelling to Australia and working in a pub, George Dunn gives a blow by blow (literally) account of a night's work.
- Swagman #9 – Short Days, Long Nights and the United Nations of Quarryman’s – Sydney, Australia
- It's a bit ironic to travel around the world to a country and not encounter anyone from that country, but that's exactly the situation George finds himself in at the end of his second month.