- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Japan Travel Articles
- Five UNESCO Castles on One Small Island: Okinawa, Japan
- If it's World Heritage Sites you're into and want to rack up a score in a hurry, visit the island of Okinawa, you can add five to your score in a weekend.
- Hitchhiking in Japan: It’s Almost Too Easy
- Though hitchhiking is virtually unheard of in Japan, Trevor Mogg was keen to stick his thumb out to see what happened....
- Fuji Rock Festival: A Fun Little, Big Town – Niigata, Japan
- The Fuji Rock Festival is one of the biggest outdoor events in Japan, but it's not even close to Mt. Fuji, as Rashaad Jorden reports here.
- A Year with a Camera in Okinawa, Japan
- Michael Lynch captured a different iconic image of Okinawa each month for a year, and here is the collection.
- Just an Onsen – Matsuyama, Japan
- As storied as Dogo Onsen's history is, it's still an onsen.
- Close Quarters In Osaka – One night in a capsule hotel
Rex Crum spends as much time exploring a Japanese capsule hotel as he does sleeping in its close quarters
- Visiting Japan Without Knowing any Japanese
- Japan is fascinating, but it can sound intimidating to visit without knowing anyone there. Marseille Markham expains how simple and rewarding it can be if you know how to approach things.
- Book Review: Japanland by Karin Miuller – Japan Asia
- Mary Keener recommends Japanland, subtitle A Year in Search of Wa, dedicated to the people of Japan, as a read for those seeking laughter, understanding and knowledge about this small island
- Which Country To Visit First – China, Japan, Asia
- Marilyn De Angelis Pennell asks whether a visitor should see China or Japan first. Both are fascinating countries with ancient, esoteric traditions alongside modern, new landscapes.
- The Magic of Tokyo – Japan, Asia
- Rohit Krishnan's impression of Japan was totally different from what he actually experienced.