- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
John M. Edwards Travel Articles
- Beirut in the Baltics – Lithuania, Europe
- Into the Wild East of Europe Minor, John M. Edwards got an inkling of who might really be the terrorists, and who the victims.
- Experiencing and Writing about Disaster and Distress Worldwide: Part 2
- In this second part, John M. Edwards looks at adventure travel and its writers.
- Experiencing and Writing about Disaster and Distress Worldwide: Part 1
- John M. Edwards considers recent trends in travel writing - edgy, sophisticated, self referential and darker.
- Unknowingly Bound for Havana – Cuba, Caribbean
- John M. Edwards got rolled and clobbered by a lead pipe in a back alleyway and woke up in the cargo hold of some ship bound for Havana.
- Postcard from Persia – Iran, Middle East
- On the way to Iran, John M. Edwards wonders if they play Uncle Wiggly in Tehran.
- Shrinking Manhattan – New York, USA
- According to John M. Edwards, living in Manhattan isn't about who and what you know, but rather where you know.
- Stuck Somewhere in the Dark Ages, but with Electricity – Gascony, France, Europe
- While housesitting in Gascony, John M. Edwards stumbles upon a Medieval hunters' feast, where the quality of cuisine is backed up by gunpoint.
- Etiquette for Aliens in Ethnic Eateries – USA, France, Europe
- John M. Edwards offers 10 tips to speed you through the confusing congestion of customs and weird freeways of the “extreme sport” of foreign food eating.
- Destination Unknown
The only problem with the New Year's vacation John M. Edwards would be taking was that his destination was smack dab in the middle of a war zone!
- Outback Blues – Australia
- John M. Edwards wanted to hitchhike the 518 miles from Adelaide to Coober Pedy, across one of Australia's harshest outback landscapes - in one day.