- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Kathmandu Travel Articles
- Kathmandu Nights
- Carleton Cole takes us on a wild ride through Kathmandu, into the Nepali capital’s overwhelming backpacker ghetto of Thamel, which makes Asia’s other travellers’ districts look as tame as a tea party.
- A Very Different Nepal
- Nepal's southern region, with its wetlands, forests, and agricultural communities offers fascinating contrasts with the Himmalayas. Paul Belz describes his close experiences with the Terai's people and wildlife.
- A Light In Their Lives – Kathmandu, Nepal
- A volunteering adventure in Nepal is bringing hope to Nepali orphans and life-changing experiences to its Western volunteers.
- Downhill Journey to Kathmandu – Nepal, Asia
Barry Rogge and friends had a long, arduous, but fascinating car trip from the Tibet border to Kathmandu.
- The Thorung La Special – Nepal, Asia
- A Tibetan mastiff puppy, a pied piper monkey, and a 10-year old innkeeper contribute to making the great thorung la special for Steven Cho.
- The Wondering Sailor – Mt. Everest, Kathmandu, Nepal, Asia
- Ian Wallace climbed Mt. Everest. When he got to the top, he writes, "Mt. Everest - in all its glory! What a joke!"
- Goats and Goddesses – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Amanda Peskin ponder
- Explore Nepal: The Shangri-La – Kathmandu and Pokhara, Nepal
- Travelling on your own in Nepal can be your life-time experience. Enjoy this one month trip from the hi-tech city Kathmandu to the natural wonders of mountains above 8000 meters in 30 days!
- Escape from Kathmandu (or, How to Con and Influence Apathetic Power Brokers at the Indian Embassy) – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Jeff Vize gets a lesson in conning...and karma.
- Kathmandu Travel Facts
- The Basics City Name: Kathmandu Where is it located?: Kathmandu is in central Nepal on the Vishnumati river. Why do people go there?: No longer the fabled Shangri-La or hidden oasis, Kathmandu has everything a modern city has problems with: pollution, touts, poverty. If you give it a few days, you will find the beauty […]