- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Kyoto Travel Articles
- Kyoto and Kitcho
- Language barriers, train times and traveling difficulties all conspire to keep five Americans from having the dinner of a lifetime at Kitcho, a 3 Michelin-starred restaurant in Kyoto.
- Urban Muse – 10 Locations to Inspire Your Writing
- Are you a traveler and a writer? Ahimsa Kerp recommends ten of the best cities in the world to pen your novel or write your travel memoirs.
- Traveling in Japan in Winter
- Japan is seasonal. Fiona Canning suggests you go in winter to escape the crowds of westerners on organised tours and witness the everyday rituals that make the country so exciting.
- Gods, Devils, and Geisha – Setsubun (Japanese Spring Ritual) in Kyoto
- Setsubun is a Japanese Spring Ritual where Japanese drive out bad luck in the form of devils from their homes by tossing beans. Here is Setsubun as done in the old capital of Kyoto.
- Kyoto: A Tale of Two Cities – Japan, Asia
- Japan is often described as a hybrid of the modern and ancient. Joshua K. Hartshorne thinks Kyoto is also a hybrid - of the sublime and the downright ugly.
- ‘Hotto, Hotto!’ – A Japanese Onsen Experience
- Carlie Daley relaxes in a Japanese hot spring just outside of Kyoto.
- West of the Sun – Kyoto, Japan
- Philip Blazdell had forgotten how beautiful life can be...especially west of the sun.
- Kyoto, Zen and the Missing Bicycle – Kyoto, Japan
- Jeff Eagar searches for spiritual enlightenment in Japan's Zen capital.