- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Mary Richardson Travel Articles
- How to Do Hong Kong on a Budget: Where to Spend & What to Skip
Hong Kong is notoriously expensive, but seeing the city on a budget doesn't have to mean skipping all the fun stuff. Mary Richardson tells you where it makes sense to spend some of your precious travel budget.
- Discover an Unexpected Side of Japan in Okinawa
Travelers often visit the big attractions of mainland Japan and bypass Okinawa completely. Mary Richardson offers five reasons to visit this southern remote island.
- Harness Your Inner Amazing Race Contestant: 5 Reasons to Geocache Around the World
Not everyone who wants to will get picked to participate on "The Amazing Race." If your application gets overlooked, Mary Richardson shows you how to take matters in your own hands and create a do-it-yourself scavenger hunt around the world with geocaching.
- How to Negotiate With A Tour Guide To Get The Experience You Really Want
You don't have to accept the pre-packaged tour just as it is, says Mary Richardson - often all it takes is a little bit of negotiating to turn a ho-hum tour into one that's tailor-made for you.
- A Backpacker’s Epiphany: 5 Reasons to Try Out Club Med
A down and dirty world traveler, Mary Richardson has experienced her share of wacky hostels, bed bugs, and scary street food, loving it all the while. However, a recent trip to Club Med debunked all her negative preconceptions about big resorts. Now she extols the benefits of this type of trip.