- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Rafting the Amazon Travel Articles
- Rafting the Amazon #6: Whirlpools – Peru
- Strong winds push the raft into a large whirlpool that was inescapable until the winds died down.
- Rafting the Amazon #7: Indigenous Village – Peru
- Strong winds mean slow going again. The evening is spent in an indigenous village, but the locals were not very outgoing.
- Rafting the Amazon #8: The Final Stretch – Peru
- A change in plans as tiredness, mosquitoes and fighting the river take their toll on morale.
- Rafting the Amazon #3: Getting Permission – Peru
- A permit is needed to travel on the river. Some borrowed life jackets and a small lie later and permission is granted.
- Rafting the Amazon #4: Mosquitoes! – Peru
- The first day on the open water is spent learning how to control the raft. The mosquitoes make the nighttime miserable.
- Rafting the Amazon #5: Pink Dolphins – Peru
- Taking one of the smaller river channels that did not flow as quickly led to an interesting encounter with some Pink Dolphins.
- Rafting the Amazon #1: Pucallpa – Pucallpa, Peru
- The idea to travel down the Ucayali under their own steam takes root and the raft is a bargain!
- Rafting the Amazon #2: Building the Raft – Peru
- The raft needed some refurbishment, so a trip to a local sawmill was necessary.