rural Travel Articles
- 48 Hours on Another Planet (1 of 2) – Alpha Farm, Deadwood
- Even a jaded New Yorker like Sarah Greenbaum finds much at a communal farm in
rural Oregon. Alpha and its people weather time and trouble, and keep going.
- Baker City, Sumpter, Halfway – Rural Oregon Travel Guide …
- In her first entry Sarah Greenbaum crosses the Cascades into Eastern Oregon,
where little-visited but friendly towns await.
- Tillamook – Tillamook County – Rural Oregon Travel Guide
- Head up the coast, or just west from Portland, to visit the cheesiest town in Oregon.
- Columbia River Gorge & Hood River – Rural Oregon Travel Guide
- From amazing microbrews to more waterfalls than you have film in your camera, a
drive through the Columbia River Gorge is mandatory, says Sarah Greenbaum.
- Highway 99E: Aurora & Oregon City
- Just off the interstate is Oregon almost like it was when the first settlers came
in the 1800s.
- Mount Hood Highway, U.S. 26 – Clackamas & Multnomah Counties …
- Take the long road to the tallest mountain, eat the best pizza this side of NYC,
and stop in a place so Boring they had to make it the name.
- Grants Pass, Wolf Creek, Sunny Valley, Jacksonville – Josephine …
- Near the California line, go west from Medford for what these small towns offer:
history, calm, few people, but good hospitality.