- RTW Travel
- Trip Planning
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
Western Europe Travel Articles
- Madrid Musts Before Age Fifty – Spain, Europe
Huw Griffiths would return to Madrid in a quickening heartbeat to experience again three alternatives to the Gran Palacios and El Prado Museum.
- Unexpected Delights – Turin, Italy, Europe
- Mary Hejny literally stumbled into a weeklong chocolate festival in Turin - the only chocolate capital of the world!
- Real Life – Rome, Italy, Europe
- Kaitlin Mills's adventure in a Roman hotel was like watching a film, except it was actually happening.
- Barcelona by Night – Spain, Europe
- Aaron Smith, a jetset vagabond, gets roped into working the bar of a friend's night club. He doesn't speak a word of Spanish, but is accepted as the loco Australiano.
- An À La Carte Kind of Town – Florence, Italy, Europe
- Sumi Rebeiro suggests having lots of money for Florence. No matter what you spend to get there, or spend while you’re there, Florence is worth it. Still, bring lots of money.
- Stuck Somewhere in the Dark Ages, but with Electricity – Gascony, France, Europe
- While housesitting in Gascony, John M. Edwards stumbles upon a Medieval hunters' feast, where the quality of cuisine is backed up by gunpoint.
- Etiquette for Aliens in Ethnic Eateries – USA, France, Europe
- John M. Edwards offers 10 tips to speed you through the confusing congestion of customs and weird freeways of the “extreme sport” of foreign food eating.
- Five Easy Pizzas – Italy, Europe
Along the Roman Way, John M. Edwards imperiously sneers like a centurion at “American imitations” such as Pizza House and scours the peninsula for the best classic pizza pie.
- Lisbon: Fado, Food, Fun – Portugal, Europe
- Tom Dwyer took advantage of the opportunity to see Lisbon - affordable, historic and hip.
- Berlin Breakdown – Germany, Europe
- Reinserting the Wall helped Terje Raa get acquainted with the localities in Berlin.