Worldwide with Wee-Cheng Travel Articles
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #39: Sarajevo & Mostar, Bosnia-Herzogovina: Paradise Lost and Recovering, Part I – Sarajevo & Mostar, B
- All throughout the 1992-1995 attacks on Sarajevo, the city spoke to the world and would not be silent. Now, through rebuilding, there is a new message.
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #71: Killing Fields & Fried Spiders: Adventures in Poor Rich Cambodia – Cambodia
- Five hours by bus across a mere 150 kilometers tell a lot about the current state of the old Khmer Empire.
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #72: Bangkok Notes: Home Nearer Than Ever Before – Bangkok, Thailand
- A planned two days in Thailand turn into six, even though home is closer than ever.
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #69: Hanoi & Northern Vietnam: A Courageous People Have Arisen Again – Hanoi, Vietnam
- How cafe chon is made might add a new meaning to the expression "shit coffee," but Tan Wee-Cheng says it doesn't taste anything like shit.
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #70: Down Highway One of Vietnam: Journey Through Ancient Kingdoms And Old Battlefields – Vietnam
- Even when Highway One is dry vehicles have to shudder in and out of potholes, and it is makes Wee-Cheng ask, why am I here?
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #68: Laos: Lazy Days Along the Mekong – Laos
- The peaks of the fog-covered hills look like volcanoes floating on an ocean of fog, or nipples of well-rounded breasts peeping from beneath rich white layers of foam in a bathtub.
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #66: Across the Heart of China: Buy a Mao Statue and Win the Lottery! Part II – China
- From Communist ruler to pop icon, today Mao Zedong seems like a combination of George Washington and Vladimir Lenin.
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #65: Across the Heart of China: Buy a Mao Statue and Win the Lottery! Part I – China
- Modernism comes to inland China, but has the government made the right bet when Chinese tourists snap cameras like Westerners in Mozambique?
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #63: Northwest China – China
- Wee-Cheng expected a backward, dusty capital in a poor province, but China's mad rush to prosperity has turned Timbucktu into Las Vegas.
- Worldwide with Wee-Cheng #64: Did Genghis Khan Lose His Organ (oops!) in China? – China
- Genghis Khan's order to destroy an ancient kingdom may have had more to do with love gone bloody, than the accepted story of his death would have you believe.