Why you should add Siem Reap to your Indie/RTW trip
- Siem Reap is the home base for exploring the temples of Angkor Wat.
- Though prices are a bit higher than other parts of Cambodia, you can still live it up on a small budget.
- Check out the Angkor National Museum to learn more about the culture before visiting the famous temples.
- Take a break from visiting temples and see the Angkor Silk Farm.
- There are several places to take Khmer cooking classes as a great souvenir to bring home from your trip.
- After walking around temples for days and days, the body will be sore. Get a famous blind massage - these folks are great at what they do.
- Give back by volunteering at a local orphanage.