[All content and prices updated September 2013]
Why you should add Brisbane to your Indie/RTW trip
- The city is a major stop-over point between Sydney and Byron Bay to the South and Cairns and Tropical North Queensland above it.
- Brisbane is a rapidly developing city that is vibrant, laid back, and friendly.
- It has a warm climate year-round and has spectacular scenery.
- It's the fastest growing city in Australia, so get there now before it changes again!
- There are world-class art galleries and a thriving music scene.
Indie travel tips for Brisbane
- The Gallery of Modern Art at South Bank has word class exhibitions.
- Explore the natural splendor of Moreton Bay and the Scenic Rim.
- Head to the Fortitude Valley for the music scene.
- It also has a Chinatown to explore.
- There are great shopping opportunities as well.
- Check out Southbank's restaurants and pubs.
- Explore the various neighborhoods that make Brisbane what it is.
- New Farm is quickly becoming the place to be for locals.
Most travelers coming to Australia enter through Sydney
, but there are plenty of flights into Brisbane
. If you're traveling around Australia for a while, you can easily reach Brisbane by bus or rent your own wheels to get around.
There are a variety of places to stay when traveling to Brisbane, but if you want to maximize your budget, start by searching for hostels