Author: Sean Keener

Announcing the Indie Travel Manifesto

We’ve been talking a lot about indie travel the last few weeks. Earlier this month we asked “are you an indie traveler?” and we’ve been sharing what we think are some great ideas for indie travel.
Today, we published a Manifesto on indie travel. Created with vagabonding expert Rolf Potts, the Manifesto is a statement about the type of  travel we love – and that we hope you love too. You can check out the principles of the Indie Travel Manifesto, vote them up or down and comment on them, add you own, or download and share the full Manifesto. You can even sign your name as a supporter of the Manifesto and download a special badge for your blog.

This week for the Indie Travel Challenge 2012, we want to know what you think about the Indie Travel Manifesto.  Does it resonate with you? Do you think, based on the tenets of the Manifesto, that you are an indie traveler?
Create your own manifesto for the way you travel, and share it with the community! 
The Indie Travel Challenge is a year-long blogging project. Every Monday, we’ll post a new prompt, question, or challenge that bloggers can respond to via text, photos, or video. Respond on your own blog, and link back to BootsnAll so we can find and highlight the best submissions. 
We have a new landing page for all information related to the event. You can see the week’s daily prompt, follow the hashtag on twitter, share your posts, and check out submissions from around the world.