Author: Sean Keener

CruiseLabs: Travel Innovation Summit

Company Name: CruiseLabs
Official Website: https://cruiselabs.com/

What do they do? OTA software for booking cruises online.

Are they a business-to-business (B2B) company, or business-to-consumer (B2C)? B2B
Founder(s):
David Tossell was formerly a director at Travelocity and oversaw Travelocity’s Private Label Business with AMEX, AOL, Yahoo, AAA, AARP, American Southwest & 1,900 web sites. Paul Jenkins’ prior role was as CTO at Vocada, a medical communications company that sold to Nuance Communications in 2007.
Date Founded: 2009

Presentation Notes:
The cruise industry has the lowest online booking percentage among travel transactions, in part because “booking a cruise online is too difficult.” Consumers rely on travel agents to sort through the many possibilities, including departure dates, cruise line options, and cabin choices. The CruiseLabs consumer booking tool simplifies the process. Users can pick multiple months, departure points, cruise lines, lengths, and prices and compare all the available options, with text and photo content that provides more information to help them make their decision. The tool walks users step-by-step through bookings; once they choose the cruise, the program walks them through cabin choices, using floor plans and taking into account pros and cons of each location,  and allows them to add-on additional services and upgrades.
Why should/shouldn’t travelers care?
Travelers who prefer to take the reins and plan their own trips may appreciate the ability to plan and book their own cruise travel. Others may continue to trust their favorite cruise agent.