Author: Sean Keener

Get Your Early Bird Ticket for Meet, Plan, Go! Portland

Quitting your job to travel the world is a big freaking deal. When I first started seriously contemplating taking a career break, I had so many questions and things to figure out. I spent half my time researching logistics — like budgeting a year of travel expenses and what travel insurance to pick — while the rest of my time was divided between drooling over pictures of exotic places like Tokyo and Istanbul and worrying if I was committing career suicide. And guess what? A few days into my trip, I’d forgotten all about my worries that I wasn’t following the same “path to success” that I’d been working so hard on, and was busy filling my time with meeting new friends, dealing with the logistics of living on the road, tracking down the tastiest food, and taking pictures of local kittehs.
Three years later, Meet, Plan, Go! is exactly what I wanted, back when I was planning my trip. Having a community of other career breakers around, takes a lot of the uncertainty out of the equation, so making the decision to Go! is the hardest part.
As you can imagine, I’m thrilled that BootsnAll is the Meet, Plan, Go! Portland host this year. So you might want to know that discounted early-bird tickets are on sale starting today! There are a limited amount of early bird tickets per city, so don’t wait too long… last year’s event sold out and had a waiting list.

If you’ve ever considered escaping the cubicle, you’ll want to add the Meet, Plan, Go! North America event to your calendar for Tuesday, October 18. This year, Meet, Plan, Go! is coming to: Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New Orleans, New York City, Orlando, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Washington DC, and Toronto.

What do you want to learn about at this year’s Meet, Plan, Go!?