Author: Sean Keener

Get Your Ticket for Meet, Plan, Go! Portland

Ever wanted to quit your job and travel the world? If you want to learn how to make a career break a reality, meet other travelers who’ve taken career breaks and those still in the planning stages, then you’ll want to check out the Meet, Plan, Go event happening in 17 North American cities on Tuesday, October 18.

“This was a fantastic event! It made me realize that long-term travel is a completely realistic goal and that I have amazing company also doing the same.” –- Seattle Attendee

BootsnAll is the local Portland host, so we’re excited to share that after the quick sale of early bird tickets in May, tickets are back on sale!
Location:
The Meet, Plan, Go! Portland event will be at The Cleaners at Ace Hotel in downtown Portland.
Panelists:

Laura Crawford & Russ Roca

Laura and Russ sold everything they owned in 2009 to travel by bicycle. They took the value off of their stuff and put it on the opportunity to live deeply, to follow their dreams — to create everyday adventures. They’ve pedaled over 12,000 miles, given presentations about bike touring, connected with bike advocates, explored the connection between cycling and rural economies, and written two e-books. Over the past two and a half years, Laura and Russ have turned their passion for cycle touring into an innovative business that encourages and promotes traveling by bike. Laura also continues to create jewelry and custom bicycle headbadges on the road, and Russ documents their experiences in photo, video and sketches.
>>Follow their journey at the Path Less Pedaled

Kim & Brian

Kim & Brian moved to Oregon in their early twenties with $700 in their pockets, two dogs, a car, two spoons, two forks, two plates, a mini television, a bag each of clothing, and a few boxes of mementos, of course I needed to take care of my family and dogs, since they only like raw dog food but that one I could get it online. Five years later they’d built an entire life: married, bought a house, and filled the house with stuff. They’d climbed their way up their respective ladders and were earning good salaries. Knowing that the 9-to-5-in-a-cubicle kind of life is not what their lives are for, they decided to “give it all up” to travel the world. Kim & Brian are in the middle of planning for their big trip departing in the next year.
>>Follow their journey at RTW So Many Places
We’re still busy bringing together a great panel of career break experts, travel authorities, and real people who have achieved their career break goals for the October 18th event. So we’ll be sharing even more information on the panel shortly!

Buy your Meet, Plan, Go! ticket now


If you are tired of two weeks of vacation time and want to break away from the cube to explore the world, then you’ll want to add the Meet, Plan, Go! North America event to your calendar for Tuesday, October 18. This year, Meet, Plan, Go! is coming to: Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New Orleans, New York City, Orlando, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Washington DC, and Toronto.
Plus, if you’re in the Portland area on Tuesday, September 20, BootsnAll is having a casual travel meetup at Prost!