Author: Sean Keener

Made in Iceland | 30 Days of Indie Travel Project

 

This is part of BootsnAll’s 30 Days of Indie Travel project, a daily blogging challenge with a prompt for every day in November 2011. Check out the prompt at the bottom of this post to find out how you can participate!
My love of Iceland is no secret. When asked my favorite place in the world, I will always, always, reply Iceland. It’s cold (though not as cold as you’d think!), it’s expensive, and in the winter, there’s only a few hours of sunlight. It’s rugged and remote, floating alone in the North Atlantic. It’s small and sparsely populated and is slowly recovering from a devastating financial collapse. And yet….its people are among some of the happiest on earth. It’s quickly become a mecca for tech companies and despite the tiny population, the city of Reykjavik throws some of the best parties in the world. There’s just something about Iceland. It’s enigmatic and undeniably appealing, luring you in with impossible landscapes and scenery that just seems far too big to be contained on a such a small island.
This video so perfectly showcases what it is I love about Iceland, and every time I see it I just want to buy a plane ticket and go right now.

MADE IN ICELAND from Klara Harden on Vimeo.

30 Days of Indie Travel Project: How to Participate

We’re inviting bloggers from around the world (that means you, too!) to join us in a daily blogging effort designed to reflect on how our travel experiences over the last year – or whenever – have shaped us and our view of the world. Bloggers can follow the prompts as strictly or loosely as they like, interpreting them in various ways and responding via text, photos or video posted on their own blogs.
We’ll share some of our favorites via Twitter and Facebook throughout November, as well as a round-up article at the end of the month, so if you’re playing along make sure to let us know – use the #indie30 hashtag on Twitter, and link to the 30 Days of Indie Travelpage in your post so we’ll be able to find it.
Find out all of the 30 Days of Indie Travel blogging prompts so far – it’s never too late to join in the fun!

Prompt #27: Wanderlust

Share a photo or video that just makes you want to GO. RIGHT. NOW
Tools and inspiration: Get more travel inspiration on our WhyGo travel guides