Author: Sean Keener

Indie release notes for 7 November 2013

We haven’t posted an update recently because we’ve been focused on improving our internal processes to handle the higher volume of orders we’re experiencing and also expecting in the new year. Below are some updates from this week.
We updated our maps to load faster.
Searches are now about 10% faster. We optimized how search results are inserted in our database; this also allows each server to handle more searches concurrently.
Indie works on more touch-screen devices like smartphones and tablets and those devices in between. We updated our “responsive design” technology to support much smaller screens. Also, the tables with flight details should look better on small screens.
We now accept the Discover card for your purchases in addition to Visa, Mastercard, American Express and wire transfers.
We added and corrected a few airports: IUE, ANU, SCQ and SVD.
We put our phone number at the bottom of each page on Indie so you can call us when you need us.
We made our system more stable and scalable. We completed preparations to update our server configuration for 2 big improvements that you’ll probably never notice. One is to eliminate single-points of failure, so that if any server goes down, our systems will continue to run without downtime. Two is to support automatic creation of new web servers during times of high traffic to handle the new traffic smoothly. We are using Scalr to help with this.