Author: Sean Keener

Lixto Software: Travel Innovation Summit

Company Name: Lixto Software
Official Website: https://www.lixto.com/

What do they do? Lixto extracts specific and precise data from the web to “drive operational performance and real-time competitive price visibility for travel & transport, consumer products and automotive supply chain clients.”
Are they a business-to-business (B2B) company, or business-to-consumer (B2C)? B2B
Founder(s): Christian Köstler is responsible for Sales & Marketing and Professional Services at Lixto. Most recently, Christian was Sales Director Automotive Europe with Agile Software (AGIL). Marcus Herzog received his PhD from the Vienna University of Technology. Marcus started his professional career working for a number of companies, including Siemens AG, in the Informational Technology sector in engineering.
Date Founded: 2001

Presentation Notes:
Lixto’s software harvests data from the web, consolidates and analyzes it for customers. As a non-techie, a lot of the presentation went right over my head (or maybe it was that it was 8 hours into the day when they took the stage), but it looked to me like a more comprehensive Google Analytics for pricing analysis.
Why should/shouldn’t travelers care?
If you can’t tell from the description of what Lixto does (above), it’s B2B business, with no application (that I could see) for individual travelers.