Author: Sean Keener

Manila Was Our Hottest Travel Destination in May

Every day, we at BootsnAll help thousands of travelers plan, shop for and book their travel. That includes trips to every imaginable location from New York City (usually our most popular destination) to legendary adventure locales like Nepal, Kenya and Patagonia. Though our users plan trips all over the world every day, there are definitely some trends to be seen. Some destinations are big in the summer, others in the winter. This past month, May 2011, there was one trend that went across several of our sites – our users want flights to Manila.
 
Manila
 
Manila has always been a big destination for us. Not only are the Philippines a great destination in their own right, but Manila is an excellent gateway to the rest of Asia. There are relatively cheap flights available from Los Angeles and other western US cities, and great connections out to Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul and many more. Manila’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport is rising up the list of Asia’s most popular, having doubled its annual passengers between 2003 and 2010, and now serves over 28 million passengers every year.
But as big as Manila has always been for BootsnAll travelers, we were surprised by the huge surge in interest this past month. Flight searches to Manila on our sites were up 64% between April and May, and Manila rose from 11th in our list of most popular destinations to 2nd (watch out New York!).
If you have searched for tickets to Manila, or anywhere else, on BootsnAll this past month, we’d love to hear from you. How was your experience? Did you find the ticket you were looking for? We are always looking to make our sites better for BootsnAll travelers, so please feel free to leave a comment on this post or to contact us.