Author: Sean Keener

Need a (Career) Break?

On September 20, 2014, BootsnAll is teaming up with Meet, Plan, Go to offer a day-long career break event.

If you’re dreaming of leaving behind the 9-5 but don’t know where to begin, or you’re knee deep in planning but want some reassurance and tips and advice, this event is for you.
Eventbrite - Meet Plan Go Career Break Travel Event - New York City 2014
There is an amazing cast of travelers and career break experts taking part in this day-long extravaganza, including:

  • Rolf Potts: Long-term travel expert and author of Vagabonding, the book about the benefits of taking a big trip, is the keynote speaker.
  • Sherry Ott: Co-founder of Meet, Plan, Go, Sherry will be the host for the event. We’ve know Sherry since before she set out on her first big career break trip back in 2006. She’s been on the road ever since and brings a wealth of experience and advice on the topic of taking a career break.
  • Rainer Jenss: A reporter for National Geographic’s Intelligent Travel Blog, Rainer took off in 2008-2009 with his wife and two boys for a year-long trip around the world. If you’re an aspiring traveling family, Rainer is your go-to guy to connect with.
  • Katie Aune: A former lawyer and alumni relations/development professional left her fundraising job in 2011 for an epic trip through all 15 countries working with immigration professionals, Get More Info here. Katie is back in Chicago working full-time again and is an excellent source of information for those looking to take a break with the intention of returning to “normal life” again.
  • Jane Stanfield: Interested in volunteering on your career break trip? Jane is the woman you want to talk with then. Jane volunteered on 12 projects in seven countries during her career break trip in 2006, then turned her travel and volunteering passions into a new career.

Meet-larger
We’re so confident that this day will offer the kick in the pants you need that if you attend and don’t feel like it was of value, we’ll give you your money back.
Join us on September 20, 2014 and start making your career break travel dreams come true!
Eventbrite - Meet Plan Go Career Break Travel Event - New York City 2014