Author: Sean Keener

Passports with Purpose 2011: How You Can Help

BootsnAll began in 1998 out of a desire for community, a need to know that all the good vibes felt while traveling weren’t limited to the time spent on the road. 13 years later, we’ve managed to keep that desire front and center when we work and, in some cases, to turn that work into travel-y good deeds.
This is why the annual Passports with Purpose travel blogging fundraiser is something we love – it’s about community, it’s about travel, and it’s about giving back to the world that we traverse with so much joy.

If you’re new to Passports with Purpose, or unsure of how you can help, here are some links to point you in the right direction.
Not familiar with Passports with Purpose?
Passports with Purpose is a travel blogging fundraiser that’s now in its fourth year. Travel bloggers procure prizes, and during the fundraiser people can donate to that year’s charity in $10 increments. Each $10 donation is an entry to win one of the prizes available. In previous years, PwP has raised enough money to build a school in Cambodia and a village in India – all through the efforts of travel bloggers and their readers contributing $10 at a time.
Want to know more about this year’s beneficiary?
The 2011 Passports with Purpose beneficiary is Room to Read, an organization dedicated to early childhood literacy and getting books into kids’ hands all over the world. This year’s goal is to raise $80,000 to build two libraries in Zambia.
Want to know how you can help?
It’s easy to look at a number like $80,000 and think it’s daunting. Past goals have looked daunting, too, and then we as a travel blogging community have managed to knock them out of the park.
We can do that again this year, but only with your help.

  • Are you a travel blogger? You can host a prize on your blog, tell your readers about Passports with Purpose, promote PwP on social media, and put a PwP badge up on your site.
  • Are you a traveler? You can ask the travel bloggers you like if they’re participating in Passports with Purpose, and be ready to donate (and, fingers crossed, win something!) when the donation page opens on November 30.
  • Are you a company with a prize to donate? You can let the folks at Passports with Purpose know and they’ll help connect you with a travel blogger to work with.

Passports with Purpose is a community-driven effort – it can’t happen without travel bloggers, or donations, or prizes. Each piece is critical. Where do you fit in?
>> Learn more about how you can participate in Passports with Purpose.