Author: Sean Keener

Revinate: Travel Innovation Summit

Company Name: Revinate
Official Website: https://www.revinate.com/

What do they do?
Monitors millions of sites, including review sites, blogs, twitter and news for mentions of customers’ hotels, providing insight into what people are saying about each brand without the hotel having to do the monitoring themselves.
Are they a business-to-business (B2B) company, or business-to-consumer (B2C)? B2B
Founder(s):
Prior to co-founding Revinate, Jay Ashton was President of Five Star Alliance, the leading online travel booking engine for luxury hotels. Marc Heyneker co-founded Revinate after spending over 9 years as a top sales executive at Akamai Technologies.
Presentation Notes:
Revinate helps hotels manage their online reputation. Social media and hotel reviews give hotel owners the best sense of guest satisfaction. Opinions posted on websites and affect how people book, but tracking all the online chatter about a property is time-consuming. Revinate amalgamates all reviews across the web and puts that information onto one page that hotels can check at a glance. The program uses keyword analysis to track overall guest sentiment so that hotels don’t have  to read every review to get a picture of their online reputation. They can also respond to reviews directly from the program, so that all responses are stored and tracked on their end. The program also shows social media mentions, twitter replies and mentions, blog post mentions, and more. It can be used at the property level or the chain level, and allows hotels to see all their competitors reviews in one place as well.
Why should/shouldn’t travelers care?
As a B2B business, Revinate doesn’t really affect individual travelers in a direct way. However, hotels that use the program may become more hyper-aware of what guests are saying about them, and will hopefully act upon that feedback to rectify bad experiences and improve the guest experience.