Round the World Chat (#rtwchat) is a weekly chat on Twitter that brings extended travel lovers together from all around the world to discuss everything there is to know about round the world (rtw) travel. There is a new theme each week, and travelers and hosts exchange information, tips, links, and stories about their love of extended, round the world travel.
Every Tuesday from 3:30-4:30 EST (GMT -4), the host tweets a new question every 6 minutes, and the participants provide their answers with tips and information (and usually quite a bit of humor).
- Join Twitter if you haven’t already. It’s free and super easy to sign up.
- To participate, it’s easier to use a social media dashboard (Hootsuite or Tweetdeck are the most popular and easiest to use) rather than using Twitter directly.
- After you choose your preferred method to access Twitter, search for the hashtag #rtwchat. You can then create a column for #rtwchat so all other tweets are filtered out. That way you only see tweets having to do with the chat itself.
- Sign in right at 3:30 EST (GMT -4), wait for the questions, and provide your answers. Add #rtwchat at the end of every answer so it is included.
- Have fun, meet other like minded people, and learn something new about extended, round the world travel!