Author: Sean Keener

The Traveler that Went Back… in Time

A while ago, I saw the movie “The Time Traveler’s Wife” and it didn’t take long for me to look for the book, too (written by Audrey Niffenegger). But although I’ve never been much of a science-fiction enthusiast, there is something about time traveling that makes me dream with my eyes open.
I remember visiting Sighisoara (Romania) back in 2000 and asked myself how it would have been to visit the city during the 1430s when Vlad the Impaler lived there. Then, this year in Athens, I was wondering how the Ancient Agora would have looked and felt when the great minds of antiquity walked the streets. I would certainly want to use a time machine to travel to either place [and many others].
If you could go back in time to any point, where & when would you want to ‘travel’ to? Is there a place that has always fascinated you that you would like to see how it looked and felt back in time?
» This week on BootsnAll: Articles you’ll read this week include a look at the unforgettable characters from around the world, remembering the people we meet while traveling, as well as information on how to find cheap accommodation alternative during the London Olympics and about free walking tours during the Olympics, for those who don’t travel for the games.

Week 25 of the Indie Travel Challenge is all about time travel: if you could go back in time to any point, where & when would you want to “travel” to?

If you could travel anywhere in the world, in any era, where would you go? Where is that place that has always fascinated you and you’ve always asked yourself how it would have looked like ages ago?
Don’t forget to add your blog posts to the main Indie Travel Challenge page – and be sure to include a picture when you do (we love pictures!).
The Indie Travel Challenge is a year-long blogging project. Every Monday, we’ll post a new prompt, question, or challenge that bloggers can respond to via text, photos, or video. Respond on your own blog, and link back to BootsnAll so we can find and highlight the best submissions.
Check out the Indie Travel Challenge landing page for all information related to the event. You can see the week’s daily prompt, follow the hashtag on Twitter, share your posts, and check out submissions from around the world.
Read about travel through literature:
>>World Travel Through Literature: 8 Authors Who Take You Places
>>8 Great Travel Reads that Make You Want to Hit the Road
>>9 Trips Inspired by Travel Books That Are Probably Too Crazy to Actually Take

Photo by CityGypsy11