Too often, when we think of travel we focus on the foreign, the far away, the exotic. And while of course we all love discovering cultures and places that are so different from our own, we sometimes forget that we may not have to travel that far to do so. Right here in the US and Canada there is a surprising amount of diversity in the landscape, the food, the history and the culture. We’ve got big cities, small towns, white sand beaches, jagged mountains, and rolling plains. North America is huge, beautifully and culturally rich, and we’re going to spend this week exploring more of it.
We’ll check out Coastal California, laid-back Mazatlan, and cooler-than-you-think Toronto. We’ll even take a culinary tour of the US via its sandwiches, checking out what to eat in various cities around the country.
But first, learn more about travel in North America:
- 9 Underrated US Cities and Why You Should Visit
- Best Ski Resorts in North America
- 9 Reasons to Visit Chicago in Summer
- Best Places to Hike in the US
- Best US Cities for National Park Lovers
- 50 Summer Destinations in 50 States