Author: Jenn Miller

This Week on BootsnAll: Get Paid to Travel, Overcoming Obstacles & Travel in Turkey

This week on Bootsnall we’ve covered some exciting stuff. This month we’re focusing on money and budgeting, and traveling in the beautiful country of Turkey. A bridge between Europe and Asia, it’s an intoxicating mix of history, culture, food and adventure.
Here’s what you might have missed:

Get Paid to See the World: 12 of the Best Jobs That Combine Work & Travel

job thumb
If you’re ready to shake up your career a bit, or you’re someone who is severely constrained by your budget, in terms of travel, then perhaps combining work with some wandering is the way to go. We have a breakdown on the 12 best jobs that combine work and travel, everything from being an Au Pair, to repurposing your current skill set on a cruise ship, to teaching and writing. There are lots of options:
“Work and money constraints keep too many people from seeing the world, but it doesn’t have to be this way. If handing in your two week’s notice with no future job opportunity in sight is just not in the cards for you, then consider one of the jobs or careers above. They all give you the opportunity to see the world while still putting some money in your pocket.”

Eat Your Way Around Istanbul: 10 Dishes Not to Miss

turkish thumb
When I think of Istanbul, my mouth waters. Find out which dish used to contain raw meat (but that’s been outlawed now) and what they’ve included instead. Take a tour of the Turkish equivalent of tapas. Discover what to drink for a Turkish hangover cure. The weird and the wonderful are waiting! Get the inside scoop on how to find the best eats in Istanbul:
“The Turkish aesthetic is often to take that which is most beautiful and to hide it somewhere and then to rarely speak about it, and this is also the case with almost all of Istanbul’s finest eateries. You will find them unadvertised down dark alleys four floors up in buildings that appear abandoned, and there will be no signs to guide you. The only way to go about discovering these places is to befriend local foodies, to troll blogs, or check out websites such as IstanbulEats.”

How I Overcame Obstacles to Travel the World

Obstacles thumb
Do the obstacles to long term travel overwhelm you, even though your heart longs for adventure? You’re not alone. Virtually everyone struggles with something big that stands between them and taking their trip of a lifetime. Knowing that obstacles are out there and knowing that it’s possible to overcome them helps us to see the bigger picture and achieve what seems out of reach. Read about how one couple made it happen. You can too.
“Sometimes, that space between where we are in our life presently and the place where our dreams would be a reality appears to be a really long, arduous road with lots of challenges along the way.
So how do we bridge the gap?”

Ten Experiences Not to Miss in Turkey

turkey thumb
Number two and number six. I had no idea.
Read it:
“The sun beats down heavily on the backs of fifty men who take high leaps, skipping across a field of long grass, slapping their knees in the air. A thumping drum beats and shrill horns play constantly. The men, covered in a slick coating of oil and wearing only shin-length leather pants, pair off and at once engage in fierce combat.”