Author: Sean Keener

This Week on BootsnAll: Have You Considered a Career Break?

If you’re among the travel-obsessed, you’ve probably – at one point or another – dreamt about the idea of quitting your job to travel the world. One thing that may have stopped you from handing in your notice is that idea that taking off for a few months or years of traveling is career suicide.
What would a prospective employer think or your year off? Would they view you as immature, impulsive, or unreliable? As it turns out, many employers now see travel, and extended career breaks, as positives on a resume. And more and more people are realizing that taking a break from their job can actually help their career in the long run.
This week, we’re taking a closer look at career breaks. On Tuesday, we’ll start off with a fun look at some travel activities that can help you de-stress from your job. Then we’ll talk to some people who have taken career breaks, and see how it affected their lives. And later, we’ll help you beef up your resume, by highlighting job skills that you can gain from long term travel.
But first, read a bit more about career breaks, and find out about an event you can’t miss if you are considering one:

Photo by dale.n