Much of the US may be experiencing sweltering heat lately, but that hasn’t stopped us from thinking about escaping to the islands. At least there we’d get away from the baking sidewalks and hot exhaust of the city; we could even cool off from the heat with a dip in the ocean or a fabulous pool! This week we’re exploring the many islands of the world.
First up, we’re checking out some amazing – and unknown to many – islands right here in the US. Then we’ll head to Hawaii to discover a few adventures that are not on most tourist’s radars. From there, we’ll check out some of the best islands of the Atlantic Ocean, and then explore the different worlds that exist on each of the Canary Islands.
Read more about islands around the world:
- Excellent Small Islands You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- Around the World in 7 Lesser Known Islands
- Remote Islands in the World
- Italian Islands: Choose the Best One for You
- 8 Small and Beautiful Italian Islands
Photo by Chi King