It’s Thanksgiving week, and while this time of year always has us thinking back on what we’re thankful for, it’s also a time of year when food – and the gatherings and celebrations that happen around it – seems to take center stage. So this week we’re leading up to the big turkey feast with some foodie finds to get your stomachs rumbling.
First up we’ll take a visual tour of some of Istanbul’s best street food and local delights, then we’ll reveal some strange – and sometimes unappetizing – dessert concoctions that are surprisingly delicious. We’ll revisit our calendar of tasty local treats you should try in season around the world, and cap off the week with more desserts you should seek out while traveling.
Hungry for more now? Here’s an appetizer to start you off!
- 12 Mouth-Watering Vegetarian Dishes Worth Traveling For
- 8 of the Best American Small Towns for Foodies
- Unusual Snack Foods From Around the World
- Four Foodie Road Trips in the US
- 67 Memorable Meals from 23 Countries