Author: Sean Keener

This Week on BootsnAll: Mediterranean Destinations

Ah, the Mediterranean. Few places so capture the idea of a classic (and oh so classy) European beach vacation. With azure waters and coastlines dotted with tiny hamlets and seaside cities, the Mediterranean region is one of the most beautiful in Europe. Bordering a dozen countries in Europe (Spain, France, Italy, and Croatia among the more popular) as well as several in Asia and Africa, it conjures images of lazy days at the beach followed by cool nights dining on fresh seafood to a soundtrack of crashing waves.
But not every adventure in the Mediterranean region fits this mold. So this week we’re exploring the area a bit more thoroughly, from the classic and cliched to the undiscovered and unusual.
First up, we’ll check out the “other side” of the French Mediterranean with a look at five lesser known destinations in Southern France. Then we’re off to Sardinia to seek out the best of this rugged and less-visited island. On Wednesday, Adam Seper will show you how you can include Europe on your RTW trip – without breaking the bank. Later in the week, we’ll discover some of the best Mediterranean islands and then learn about some interesting – and unknown to many – prehistoric sites around the world.
For more on the Mediterranean, read:

Photo by kelvin255