Author: Sean Keener

This Week on Bootsnall: Mexico, Costa Rica, Chasing Snow & Planning your RTW Trip

This week on Bootsnall we’re beating the mid-winter blues by planning big adventures.
Sick of the snow, but out of vacation time? We’ve got suggestions for long weekend trips to Mexico and some ways to get wet & wild in Costa Rica.
Hard into planning your big RTW Trip for 2016? We’ve got an itinerary for ski bums and 10 destinations that we think you should really consider adding to your big trip.
Here’s what you missed:

10 Destinations to Add to your RTW Trip

EUR Thumb
Best Thumb
Are you wondering where to find the best food, the most interesting culture, the friendliest people, the most beautiful landscapes, the easiest travel, the best backpacker culture or the best place to sleep under the stars?

“I know I said at the beginning that it was next to impossible to have an overall favorite place, but I’m gonna offer my opinion anyway.
The cleanest place – Japan; The best museums? – London, UK; The best scuba diving? – Egypt; The best beaches – Goa, India or Thailand?

But what do I think is the ultimate destination for long-term travelers?”
Want the answer? You’ll have to read the article to find out!

Mexico Weekend Trips: 5 Great Vacation Ideas For The Time Challenged

MX thumb
Used up all of your vacation days visiting friends and family over the holidays? You’re not alone. Does that mean you have to stay home for the rest of the winter until the sun comes back out? Absolutely NOT! If you’re in the USA, or Canada, it’s a short hop to Mexico.
Leave on a Friday night to max your time on the ground, fly home on the red-eye Sunday night. Be at work Monday morning. You might need an extra espresso shot in your coffee that morning.
“Looking for something a little more restful and pampering than the nitty gritty of Mexico City? Book a luxurious weekend at the Four Seasons Punta Mita and relax in five star style. Sip your drink as you float around the lazy river. Nap on one of the serene open-air day beds in a private poolside cabana. Watch the sun set over the sea while dining al fresco on the beach. Take a free scuba lesson in the pool. “

7 Wet & Wild Ways to Experience Costa Rica

CR Thumb
Costa Rica is another amazing destination to escape to in the middle of a North American winter. The jungles, the city, the oceans, it’s all an adventure. This article focuses specifically on ways to enjoy the water in Costa Rica. From sea kayaking, to waterfall rappelling, and more. Kenya holidays with safari; flamingos, rhino’s, boat trips and relaxing beaches are just some of the things you could see and do.
“However, what seems to draw travelers to this Central American country year after year is the abundance of water sports that can be experienced nearly any time of year. If you can think of it, you can probably do it in Costa Rica. You can just take your inflatable kayak or paddleboard and go into the clear water to spend some pleasant time with nothing obstructing you the entire time. Rushing rivers, large lakes, and Pacific and Caribbean waters make it a playground for water enthusiasts.”
You know you wanna go.

Chasing Snow: Planning a Ski Trip Around The World

ski thumb
Maybe you wait all year for winter. Maybe strapping in your snowboard boots is your idea of heaven and snow angels sing to you all through the holiday season. That’s cool. Then perhaps we can suggest you plan your big RTW around big snow on all continents? Sound cool?
What if we told you you could leave in February and spend only about $1800 USD on the airfare completely around the world and ski the European Alps, Japan, Hawaii and the big peaks in Canada. Yep. We said Hawaii:
“There is no groomed terrain, this is a wilderness expedition. There are a couple of companies who will drive you up there and rent you skis. Take a buddy, because someone will need to drive up and down the mountain while the others ski or board it. Play nice: take turns.
It’s not a sure thing, and it’s not an easy thing, but it’s well worth it for the adventure. How many people do you know who have skied the biggest mountain in the world? In Hawaii?”
Now that’s bad ass.