Author: Jenn Miller

This Week on BootsnAll– September 28-October 1

This week on Bootsnall.com we covered safety, fears & budget travel. Here’s a quick recap of the best!

Why You Should Forgo The American Dream And Let Travel Transform Your Life

denningthumb
Rachel Denning talks about their journey from “having it all,” the house, the cars, the money and the American Dream lifestyle to a life of simplicity and full-time travel. She shares the transformation of thought process from stuff=success to a life pursuing their passions instead.

“Instead of repeating the same life experience every year for ten, twenty, or fifty years, travel can give us fifty life-changing encounters in one year.”

Read their inspiring story of Why You Should Forgo The American Dream And Let Travel Transform Your Life

What Would You Do If You Were Not Afraid?

not afraid thumb
In this thought provoking piece, Jenn Miller asks some soul searching questions about what you’d do with your life if you were not afraid:

“Would you hop on a plane and take off tomorrow? Would you pack up your kids and take a trip? Would you spend your time volunteering and make the world a better place? Would you write yourself an epic love story?”

Think through the questions and consider: What Would You Do If You Were Not Afraid?

Is Mexico Safe for Solo Travel?

mexicothumb
Mexico is often slammed as a country unsafe for travelers, especially if you’re traveling alone. Pam MacNaughtan tackles that question and shares some of the ways Mexico is great for solo travelers and how to minimize the risks.

“Travelling solo in Mexico is not difficult, nor is it frightening (as long as you’re not intentionally travelling into areas where you know there are safety concerns, and if you are, you’re taking unnecessary risks, and that’s stupid).”

Check out Pam’s personal recommendations and her answer to, Is Mexico Safe for Solo Travel?

Cheap Travel vs. Budget Travel, There’s a Difference

budget thumb
Adam Seper makes the case for budget travel and delivers a light slam to the perpetually cheap traveler. There’s no virtue in being the guy who spends the least and is most uncomfortable. Being cheap doesn’t mean being more “authentic.”

“If you can stay in a room in Southeast Asia with no windows, a tiny fan, and a pet rat, more power to you. But it doesn’t make your experience more authentic than mine…. Budget travel is all about getting the most value for your money while you’re on the road. There is no monetary value attached to the phrase ‘budget travel.'”

So, which are you into? Cheap Travel vs. Budget Travel, There’s a Difference