Author: Jenn Miller

This Week on BootsnAll: Solo Travel, Safety & New Zealand

Do you travel solo? Do you worry about safety when you travel, especially as a woman? Have you been to New Zealand? Ever considered touring the country’s beautiful islands, mountains and lakes by camper van? Yes? This is your week on BootsnAll! We’ve got articles you don’t want to miss:

Solo Travel for Non-Solo Travelers

alone thumb
Jenn Sutherland-Miller has been traveling full time for seven years with her family (she has four kids!) She is also a big supporter of the idea of solo travel. Perhaps you think you could never travel solo, because you’ve got a partner, kids, or fears that hold you back. She argues that those are the very reasons you MUST travel by yourself.

“Traveling solo allows me to nurture the most important relationship I have: the one with myself. In our world of constant busy-ness and overwhelming responsibilities, it becomes very easy, as it all piles up, to forget who we are, that we matter, and that if we don’t nurture that inner source, we will quickly find the well that we draw from to give to the world has gone dry.”

Read Solo Travel for Non-Solo Travelers. You need this one.

7 Stunning Lakes of the South Island, New Zealand

lakes thumb
This one is pure eye candy and wilderness porn. If you’ve been to New Zealand, you know what I mean. If you haven’t, this will make you want to go. Feeling stuck at your desk? Mired in “meh?” Take a break and a virtual tour of seven of the most spectacular lakes in New Zealand. Trust me when I tell you that these are just the beginning… there’s the whole north island too. You’ve gotta go!

“Lake Pukaki: The turquoise blue water is attributed to a type of glacial sediment and gives the lake its very distinctive feature. The unique thing about this lake is that it offers a good viewpoint of Mount Cook on a nice clear day, and has that postcard-perfect photo of the mountain and the lake.”

Go ahead; indulge yourself: 7 Stunning Lakes of the South Island, New Zealand

Solo Female Travel: Is It Safe?

female thumb
We worry about this, right? All women think about it. And let’s be honest, sometimes “travel” means between work and home, or the gas station parking lot at night. Pamela MacNaughtan dives into the details and discusses why she believes traveling solo as a female is very safe.

“As a solo female traveler you are less of a threat, you’re more open, more vulnerable, and in some ways that can be a good thing. You can be a strong independent woman and be vulnerable, without being a victim.”

Read Solo Female Travel: Is It Safe? And become brave!

Camper Vanning New Zealand: The Definitive Guide

NZ Camp thumb
Truly, this is the definitive guide. Jenn Sutherland-Miller spent 6 months doing it, in a very outside the box way, and she’ll show you how. Even if you’ve been researching, this post has things you haven’t thought about yet. And you need to think about them.

“For approximately what we expected to lose on our buy-sell flip, we had a private rental with none of the drama related to hoping it sells in our absence and wondering how much money we’ll get back. Of course the whole deal was contingent upon our inspection upon arrival, blah, blah, blah. Bob’s your Uncle.”

Don’t even consider skipping Camper Vanning New Zealand: The Definitive Guide if you’re thinking about a road trip in Kiwi-land.