Author: Sean Keener

Travel Bracketology: This Week on BootsnAll

Hey, sports fans! Not a day goes by where, somewhere in this world, there’s not some kind of sporting event going on. We have no actual confirmation of this, but we’re pretty sure it’s true. With a few sports nuts around the BootsnAll office since we’re really into sports, and that’s why betting is so popular, but if you’re into gambling you can use sites as rolet online to find make the best bets online.
Introducing – Travel Bracketology.
Through the rest of March, we’re going to be tallying your votes to determine which country you think deserves the title of “best country for independent travel.” To begin, we’re asking you to go to our Facebook page and nominate or vote for countries in order to come up with an initial list of 64 – 16 countries from each of four regions of the world. From there, we’ll use our new Indie-o-Meter to judge each head-to-head country match-up.
The four regional polls:


Week 11 of the Indie Travel Challenge 2012 is all about Travel Bracketology, the Indie Travel Take Down.
We need your help to get the first 64 countries into their respective places. We’ve got four polls up on Facebook and are soliciting nominations and votes for whatever country in each region you think is absolutely the best for indie travel.
And like any good nomination-and-voting system, lobbying works – and is encouraged.
Your mission this week is to blog about the country you think is best for independent travel. You can choose to write only about the one country you think should win the whole Indie Travel Take Down tournament, or you can pick four nominees – one per region – that you think should be the number one seeds going into the tournament. You’ll want to cast your vote in the respective Facebook polls for your country (or countries) of choice, and – if you want your pick to win – you’ll want to encourage your friends to do the same.
Voting in the Facebook polls is open now, and voting for this round ends on Tuesday March 13 at noon Pacific Time. Then the real fun begins, when we pit countries against one another in the indie travel battle.
So, let us know – what country do you think is the best for independent travel, and why? Or what four countries (one per region) would you choose as the top picks going into the tournament? Make your case for your country/countries of choice!
And don’t forget to cast your vote on Facebook before March 13! Check out the updated bracket every day until the end of the tournament on April 3 to find out who’s beating who, and to cast your vote for your favorites.

The Indie Travel Challenge is a year-long blogging project. Every Monday, we’ll post a new prompt, question, or challenge that bloggers can respond to via text, photos, or video. Respond on your own blog, and link back to BootsnAll so we can find and highlight the best submissions. 
Check out the Indie Travel Challenge landing page for all information related to the event. You can see the week’s daily prompt, follow the hashtag on Twitter, share your posts, and check out submissions from around the world.