Author: Sean Keener

Week 1 Round-Up | 30 Days of Indie Travel Project


This is part of BootsnAll’s 30 Days of Indie Travel project, a daily blogging challenge with a prompt for every day in November 2011. Check out the prompt at the bottom of this post to find out how you can participate!

The “Best of” for Week 1

Every week we’ll be gathering some of our favorite posts from the 30 Days of Indie Travel Project. The submissions this past week have been fantastic, and we’re excited and ecstatic to see all the enthusiasm. Without further ado, here are some of our favorite posts from the first 6 days of the Indie 30 Project.
Day 1: Goals

Day 2: Embracing Change

Day 3: Music

  • Erin combines music and travel often when on the road, but a recent trip to Ireland tops her list of musical travel memories.

Day 4: Mistakes

  • Mary reflects on the mistake of not traveling when she had the chance. Regret of not traveling seemed to be a key theme in this prompt.

Day 5: Kindness of strangers

  • Kirstie and Stewart’s family, along with a local, tried to one up each other in the kindness department while at a bus stop in Latvia.
  • Sometimes kindness comes when you’re at your lowest point. After being robbed in Barcelona, the folks at Spark Punk found kindness from all over the place.

Day 6: Fear

30 Days of Indie Travel Project: How to Participate

We’re inviting bloggers from around the world (that means you, too!) to join us in a daily blogging effort designed to reflect on how our travel experiences over the last year – or whenever – have shaped us and our view of the world. Bloggers can follow the prompts as strictly or loosely as they like, interpreting them in various ways and responding via text, photos or video posted on their own blogs.
We’ll share some of our favorites via Twitter and Facebook throughout November, as well as a round-up article at the end of the month, so if you’re playing along make sure to let us know – use the #indie30 hashtag on Twitter, and link to the 30 Days of Indie Travel page in your post so we’ll be able to find it.
Find out all of the 30 Days of Indie Travel blogging prompts so far – it’s never too late to join in the fun!