Author: Sean Keener

Week 3 Round Up | 30 Days of Indie Travel


This is part of BootsnAll’s 30 Days of Indie Travel project, a daily blogging challenge with a prompt for every day in November 2011. 

The “Best of” for Week 3

Every week we’ll be gathering some of our favorite posts from the 30 Days of Indie Travel Project. We’re extremely excited that so many people have participated in our project, and the great submissions just keep rolling in. Here are some of our favorite posts from the third week of the Indie 30 Project.
Day 15:  City
I love how everyone took this prompt in a different way. Kat at Celebrating Themeless Discontinuity talks about her favorite city, Tromso, Norway, which is a city I had never heard of before now. Kat has put Tromso on my ever-growing list.
Day 16: Baggage
Angeline discusses how she and her husband travel with as little emotional baggage as possible, always making for fun adventures because of it.
Anthony at Antsaint talks about how stressing over things that are out of your control makes for unnecessary mental baggage on a trip.
Day 17: Passion
Passion has always been a part of Zak’s life, as he discusses in this post at Sparkpunk. Find out what he thinks is the difference between passion and escapism.
Erin Graves writes about how travel and passion go hand in hand with her. “When I think back to some of my major trips there is often a corresponding life-altering moment that came with it.”
Day 18: Budget
Everyone has their priorities when it comes to budgeting during a trip. Erin Hutton has her parents to thank for her budgeting priorities, as she likes to spend money on the “fun stuff.”
Deej at the The World of Deej likes to dream big when beginning his planning, but always seems to rein it in when it comes time to put that credit card down.
Day 19: Spirit
Matt at My World Discovered has felt spiritual connections with many of the places and sites he’s visited, but none more than when he was in Tibet.
Like many of us, Erin at The World Wanderer has struggled with her spirituality throughout her life, but during her travels, specifically when flying, is when she feels “most connected to the universe.”
Day 20: Drink
Everyone threw their two cents in for this popular prompt, and it didn’t all revolve around alcohol. Sara Clark gives a great rundown on how to drink coffee like an Italian while in Italy.
Anthony at Antsaint had his life turned upside down when he moved to Scotland years ago. Now he has a great relationship with one of the most popular drinks in the world – beer.

30 Days of Indie Travel Project: How to Participate

We’re inviting bloggers from around the world (that means you, too!) to join us in a daily blogging effort designed to reflect on how our travel experiences over the last year – or whenever – have shaped us and our view of the world. Bloggers can follow the prompts as strictly or loosely as they like, interpreting them in various ways and responding via text, photos or video posted on their own blogs.
We’ll share some of our favorites via Twitter and Facebook throughout November, as well as a round-up article at the end of the month, so if you’re playing along make sure to let us know – use the #indie30 hashtag on Twitter, and link to the 30 Days of Indie Travelpage in your post so we’ll be able to find it.
Find out all of the 30 Days of Indie Travel blogging prompts so far – it’s never too late to join in the fun!