Author: Sean Keener

What Has Travel Taught You?

Day 3 of the 2015 Indie Travel Challenge asks you:

nov 3 - question

“I recall the two long-term trips I took and think back about how I had to completely readjust my life. I went from having all the comforts of home – car, schedule, daily routine, girlfriend, familiarity of my hometown – and reinvent myself as an independent self-reliant person. I had to trust my instincts, find a patience I never knew I could muster, learn to communicate and adapt to different cultures, and appreciate the moment. Whether it was standing in a thousand-year-old church or watching two locals play a game of chess in a local cafe, I remember living the experience by every second I was there. It showed me how to grab those moments in my everyday life and appreciate them to their fullest.”

-Dave Campbell, Marketing Manager for BootsnAll.com

Travel teaches us many things, but mostly – how strong we are.  You don’t realize just how much you can handle until you give everything up and hit the road to a foreign land.  Getting out of your comfort zone and traveling is one of the best ways to learn about yourself, the world, and gain the self-confidence to do anything!
Tell us what travel has taught you.  Join the 2015 Indie Travel Manifesto now.
Join the 2015 indie Travel Challenge fb event cover