Author: Sean Keener

What is a Movie that Inspired You to Travel?

What inspires you to travel? Is it a book you’ve recently read, a movie that you saw, or maybe a photo that caught your eye on social media? In an uncertain economy, movies are the perfect escape and allow us to day dream of destinations. Sometimes , you walk into the movie theatre and expect one thing, but leave with the sudden urge to pack your bags and leave to see those incredibly sceneries in person.
Two of the most popular movies that inspire travel are Seven Years in Tibet, based on a book written by Austrian Heinrich Harrer, which describes mountain climbing in extreme conditions at the time when Tibet was taken over by China; and Amelie, a movie set in Paris, featuring a young waitress who tries to spread joy to the people who surround her. People often watch movies for the same reasons they read books; to transport themselves to lands far away. For some, watching mind-blowing travel movies on Netflix is a way to prepare themselves for an adventure of a lifetime. They may fall in love while traveling, land an awesome job where remote work is acceptable, or they just figure out how to live the dream by traveling for free. For others, ดูหนังออนไลน์ about foreign locations may be the closest they ever get to being there. Regardless of if you’re getting ready to hop on a plane headed halfway around the world, or if you’re just looking for an escape from life, we’ve got you. There are many travel movies on Netflix you must watch today.
What’s a movie that has inspired you to travel?
I must admit that The Sound of Music was one of the first movies that inspired me to travel. I saw it when I was little, and it wasn’t until I turned 27 that I actually made it to Austria, but every time I think of Salzburg I cannot help but hear Do,Re,Mi in my head. More recently, Mamma Mia practically made me e-mail someone in Greece and start making arrangements for a holiday (plans which eventually fell through).
» This week on BootsnAll: Articles you’ll read this week include: an inspiring piece which replicates the route of fictional Phileas Fogg, the character created by Jules Verne in 1873 in the classic adventure “Around the World in 80 Days”, information on camping in New Zealand, and part 2 of a piece on how to plan an extended trip in Central America. You will also read about eco friendly travel gadgets and an indie traveler’s guide to China.

Week 34 of the Indie Travel Challenge is all about movies that inspire travel.

What’s a movie that has inspired you to travel?
Don’t forget to add your blog posts to the main Indie Travel Challenge page – and be sure to include a picture when you do (we love pictures!).
The Indie Travel Challenge is a year-long blogging project. Every Monday, we’ll post a new prompt, question, or challenge that bloggers can respond to via text, photos, or video. Respond on your own blog, and link back to BootsnAll so we can find and highlight the best submissions.
Check out the Indie Travel Challenge landing page for all information related to the event. You can see the week’s daily prompt, follow the hashtag on Twitter, share your posts, and check out submissions from around the world.
Read more about movies and travel:

 
Photo by Titanas