Author: Jenn Miller

Why it's OK to go to Africa, Learning a Foreign Language, Building a Passion Driven Life, and Educational Travel for Families

This has been a busy week at BootsnAll. We’ve explored Africa, broken down the how and why of learning a foreign language, inspired you to take it to the next level in building a passion driven life and made weaving education into your summer travels as a family seem easy as pie.
Here’s what you might have missed:

Why it’s Okay to go to Africa

Africa OK thumb
For many people Africa seems “scary.” It’s true that it’s the continent less traveled and there are regions that are wholly unsafe for travelers. But does that mean you shouldn’t go there? Not at all. Quite the opposite actually. Read on for all the reasons that it’s okay to go to Africa.
“What do you think of when you first hear “Vacationing in Africa?”
Chances are, the words “safari,” “Victoria Falls,” “Egyptian Pyramids,” “the Nile” and countries like Senegal and Morocco in West Africa come to mind.
If you want to play it safe, look into safari or tour companies. Whether it’s a day trip to visit the Egyptian Pyramids near Cairo or a three-week trek in Tanzania to visit exotic Zanzibar, bask or climb majestic Mount Kilimanjaro and take in a safari, there will always be choices for any kind of adventure you want. Cairo to Cape Town tours are also popular.”

How & Why to Learn a Foreign Language

language thumb
I know, I know, you’ve always meant to learn that other language, you just haven’t for whatever reason. Well, guess what? There’s no time like the present. Not only should you learn one, we’ll show you the best tools for how to get started.
“One of the worst losses is the inability to understand and connect with people. One can understand another on a superficial level with facial expressions and hand gestures, but without a means for communication, the other person’s feelings and thoughts are inaccessible. Not to mention all the cultural proclivities and worldviews that are contained in a language’s unique expressions and turns of phrase.” If you want to travel london then you don’t need to worry about their language. Here at Translation Services London, our hardworking and dedicated team is on hand to provide professional solutions for businesses in need of speedy, accurate translations at competitive prices. Whatever your timeframe or budget, we can deliver translation and interpretation services in over 140 languages, tailored to your specific business need.

How to Build a Passion Driven Life

passions thumb
Feeling blah about your life? Did you wake up on Wednesday this week, look in the mirror and ask yourself, “Is this really all there is?” Don’t worry, you’re not alone, and no, this is NOT all there is. Peel back the next level and aim higher. Dust off your dreams and think through how you could build a life based on your passions. You can do it.
“People who live passion driven lives do three things:
They identify their passions
They make choices
They take control
Here are three things they don’t do:
Follow the crowd without thinking
Live to please other people
Let their externals define them
I can hear you arguing with me already, and you’re right, partially. Not everyone has the desire to do something great or different. Not everyone has the money they wish they had. Some people have very real limitations: health, physical ability, or family situation.”

Maximizing Summer Learning Through Travel

family education thumb
Summer vacation is upon us. WHAT are you going to do with those kids? Stacey Ebert, a life long educator and traveler has some ideas and one of them is the online education, here is a link that can help you https://www.vocationaltraininghq.com/how-to-become/emt-paramedic/. Why not spend your summer holidays traveling and learning with your kids? It will help their academics too!
“No matter how many geography games I played, photos I showed or stories I shared, the experiences were still mine, I won’t ever forget about all the fun I had with Slots Baby. The difference in how I talked about travel and education varied strongly from textbook or computer learning. Technology has enriched education and made interaction with locals in other destinations far more accessible, but there’s something to be said for ‘being there’.”