Benbow Lake Sra CampgroundSeason for Peak Fees: 05/15 to 09/15
A popular destination, Benbow Lake SRA was first established in 1958.Prior to that, the area was used by settlers, ranchers and loggers until1922 when the Benbow family purchased much of the land in the valleySome of the land was subdivided and sold for home sites. The BenbowHotel, as it was originally named, was build in 1925 and opened forbusiness in 1926.
To provide power for the new development in the valley , a concrete damwas constructed across the south fork of the Eel River in 1928. Thedam not only provided power but also created Benbow Lake.
The Benbow family, interested in preserving the natural scene aroundthe Hotel and along the river, made efforts to place the land under Stateprotection. In 1956 funds were approved for the Benbow Project and thefirst 207 acres were purchased in 1958.
Today the park consists of about 1,200 acres with 75 campsites and alarge day-use picnic area. The campground is open year round andreservations can be made from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Dayweekend. Hiking, swimming, picnicking and camping are popularsummer time activities, while salmon and steelhead fishing are popularin the winter.
Park Kiosk Hours:
- Hi Season: 8am-10pm
- Lo Season: Varies
1600 US HIGHWAY 101, #8
Garberville CA 95542
Park is 2 miles south of Garberville on Hwy 101.
Browse USA Camping
- Colorado Campgrounds
- New York Campgrounds
- Idaho Campgrounds
- Washington Campgrounds
- Arkansas Campgrounds
Browse California Campgrounds
- Onion Valley Campground
- Robinson Creek North Campground
- South Shore Campground
- Tent Peg Group Campground
- Fisherman's Group Campground
- Prairie Creek Redwoods Sp Campground
- Saddleback Butte Sp Campground
- Tahoe Sra Campground
- Los Prietos Campground
- Auburn Sra Boat-in Campground
- Hampshire Rocks Campground
- Chekaka Campground
- Big Pine Creek Campground
- Col. Allensworth Shp Campground
- Juniper Springs Group Camp Campground
- Bothe-napa Valley Sp Campground
- Lower Twin Lakes Campground
- Montana De Oro Sp Campground
- Tunnel Mills Ii Campground
- Kyen Campground & Day Use Area