Caswell Memorial Sp CampgroundSeason for Peak Fees: 05/15 to 09/15
Caswell Memorial State Park is a small, wild refuge in the midst of theGreat Central Valley of California. This unique park protects one of thelast remaining oak-riparian woodlands that once flourished throughout thevalley.
The Native Americans who lived along this river and collected acornsamong these ancient groves were Yokuts. In the early 1800s, Spanishexplorers traversed this area, and fur trappers found the riverbountiful.
Thomas Caswell, landowner, enjoyed this wonderful forest and felt itshould be preserved. In 1950 his children and grand children donated 134acres to the people of California. Additional donations and statepurchases brought Caswell to its current size of 258 acres. CaswellMemorial State Park was open to the public in 1958.
28000 SOUTH AUSTIN RD.
Ripon CA 95366-9527
Take the Austin road exit off of SR99. Travel south on Austin Road for approximately 6 miles. Austin Road leads directly into the park.
Browse USA Camping
- Colorado Campgrounds
- New York Campgrounds
- Idaho Campgrounds
- Washington Campgrounds
- Arkansas Campgrounds
Browse California Campgrounds
- Faucherie Campground
- White Cloud Campground
- Middle Meadows Campground
- Coon Creek Cabin Campground
- College Campground
- Lobo Group Campground
- Tuttletown Recreation Area Campground
- Calaveras Big Trees Sp Campground
- Pfeiffer Big Sur Sp Campground
- Green Spot Equestrian Camp Campground
- George Hatfield Sra Campground
- Henry Cowell Redwoods Sp Campground
- Panther Flat Campground
- Summerdale Campground
- Sunset-union Valley Campground
- Upper Sage Flat Campground
- Mono Hot Springs Campground
- Cuyamaca Rancho Sp Campground
- Butte Lake Campground
- Refugio Sb Campground