Boston Harbor Islands CampgroundThe Boston Harbor Islands are less than an hour's ferry ride from downtown Boston. This national park area has campsites on four of 30 harbor islands and accessible to the public via passenger ferry service or private boat. Camping is available on Lovells, Peddocks, Grape and Bumpkin Islands and reservations are required. The four island campgrounds have no water for flush toilets (composting only), showers or drinking but offer a great primitive experience within sight of the Boston skyline. Interpretive tours and public safety is facilitated by at least two island rangers 24 hours a day. The Park`s waterways are patrolled by local, state and federal enforcement/emergency response authorities.
One night minimum stays are accepted.
|Within 10 Miles|
BLDG #45 349 LINCOLN ST.
Hingham MA 02043
To receive an Official Transportation Map of Massachusetts call Ma. Highway Dept. at (617) 973-7800 or Ma. Office of Travel and Tourism at 800-227-MASS. On the web: www.state.ma.us/mhd or www.mass-vacation.com.
MA Dept. of Conservation and Recreation
Boston Harbor Islands State Park
349 Lincoln St. Bd. 45, Hingham, MA 02043
Boston Harbor Islands are passenger boat access only.
Ferry Service is available from the Fore River Shipyard on Rte. 3A Quincy, MA and at Long Wharf, Boston. Due to the economy and availability of overnight parking, campers are encouraged to depart from the Fore River Shipyard on Rte 3A Quincy. For directions, park information and current Ferry schedules, please go to www.bostonislands.com or call park information at 617-223-8666.
Private boaters may off load passengers and equipment at the dock but must anchor off shore out of the main fairway. A dinghy is available on Grape and Bumpkin Islands for access to anchored vessels.
Private Boaters use USCG chart #13270.
Browse USA Camping
- Colorado Campgrounds
- New York Campgrounds
- Idaho Campgrounds
- Washington Campgrounds
- Arkansas Campgrounds
Browse Massachusetts Campgrounds
- Nickerson State Park Campground
- Mt. Greylock State Reservation Campground
- Myles Standish State Forest Campground
- Beartown State Forest Campground
- Scusset Beach State Res. Campground
- Lake Dennison Recreation Area Campground
- Willard Brook State Forest Campground
- Pittsfield State Forest Campground
- Otter River State Forest Campground
- D A R State Forest Campground
- Salisbury Beach State Res. Campground
- Savoy Mountain State Forest Campground
- Tolland State Forest Campground
- Granville State Forest Campground
- Boston Harbor Islands Campground
- October Mountain State Forest Campground
- Shawme-crowell State Forest Campground
- Pearl Hill State Park Campground
- Horseneck Beach Reservation Campground
- Harold Parker State Forest Campground